Monday 13 May 2019

A few pictures of the house.

Since I'm up early this morning, I thought I'd do an extra post, and give you just a flavour of the house we're staying in. Now, imagine if you will a house with so much character and nuance that I could spend a year photographing it and not be finished. Here's just a snippet.

This is the main staircase. I've had a number of hairy experiences stumbling up and down, but they're beautiful to look at, and have wormed their way into a story already.

Banisters are for wimps.


This is an old cider press - the house is full of repurposed farming equipment, and this is just one example. Our wondrous organisers have provided a beautiful little library of writing prompts and inspiration, which I've yet to exploit to the fullest, but give me time!


Portrait of temptation.



This is the living room, one of my favourite spaces in the house. I love the contrast of bright, vibrant colour against the stone of the floor and fireplace. However, the living room does have another set of utterly treacherous steps, which is playing up my OCD something chronic. I'm muttering special words to protect myself from falling, like the loon I am. Oh dear.

Banisters are for wimps pt. ii

When we were being driven to the house for the first time, Claire told us the house had a
'display of eggs'.

It really is a display of eggs.
And now, my favourite quirk of the house - this gorgeous cow skull I have named Marguerite, because all cows should be called Daisy, and this cow is French!

Why the long face?

No comments:

Post a Comment